TERMS & CONDITIONS
A. GENERAL INFORMATION
1. Customized Trip Product Descriptions:
1.1 Grand Reserve Travel Customized Trips: Grand Reserve Travel will arrange Customized Trips tailored to the needs and preferences of our guests. In addition to offering a greater level of privacy, a customized trip in Greece provides the opportunity to choose from a broad range of activities, hotels and villas. These trips are generally offered with driver/escort and certified guides as per description on each activity, but can also include a Grand Reserve Travel concierge upon request.
1.2 Grand Reserve Travel Customized Trip Prices:
• 1.2.1 Included: Grand Reserve Travel Customized Trip prices include only those items listed on your Trip or activity Itinerary Description and may vary significantly based on request. Prices generally include signature activities, hotel and/or villa accommodations as noted in the itinerary, meals as specified, guided sightseeing and other activities as noted in the itinerary, land, sea, and air transportation within the destination country as noted in the itinerary, a Grand Reserve Travel recommendations guide for selected featured destinations, and direct hotel taxes.
• 1.2.2 Not Included: The following items are not included in your Grand Reserve Travel Customized Trip: airfare to the trip departure point and from the trip completion point, unless otherwise noted; baggage handling; nominal/variable city tax (collected by the hotel) if applicable; meals alcoholic and other beverages; other than as specified in your tour itinerary; personal expenses such as phone calls, laundry, passport and visa fees, vaccinations, and any other optional and incidental expenses.
2. Villa Rental Product Descriptions:
2.1 Villa Rental and Grand Reserve Travel Customized Trips that Include a Villa Rental: Grand Reserve Travel will arrange Villa Rentals or Customized Trips that include a Villa Rental tailored to the needs and preferences of our guests. In addition to offering a greater level of privacy, a customized trip provides the opportunity to choose from a broad range of destinations, villas, & activities.
2.2 Grand Reserve Travel Prices for Villa Rental and Customized Trips that Include a Villa Rental:
• 2.2.1 Included: For a Customized Trip that includes a Hotel accommodation or Villa Rental, Grand reserve Travel Customized Trip prices include only those items listed on your Trip Itinerary Description and may vary significantly based on request. For a Customized Trip that includes a Villa Rental, prices generally include villa accommodations as noted in the itinerary, meals as specified, guided sightseeing and other activities as noted in the itinerary, land, sea, and air transportation within the destination country as noted in the itinerary, a True Greece Recommendations Guide for selected featured destinations, and direct hotel taxes.
2.2.2 Not Included: The following items are not included in your Grand Reserve Travel Customized Trip: airfare to the trip departure point and from the trip completion point, unless otherwise noted; nominal/variable city tax (collected by the hotel) if applicable; breakfast and meals other than as specified in your tour itinerary; alcoholic and other beverages; personal expenses such as phone calls, laundry, passport and visa fees, vaccinations, and any other optional and incidental expenses Baggage handling; One suitcase per person is recommended, plus a small carryon bag for escorted land tours due to limited motor coach capacity. For those tours that include domestic flights only one suitcase per person will be allowed. Additional baggage charges apply according to the airline tariffs. Baggage insurance is strongly recommended.
3. Other Information:
3.1 Payment: U.S. dollar payments or any non-Euro denominated currency payments will be converted to Euro upon receipt. If Value Added Tax or Municipal Tax for Grand Reserve Travel, its subsidiaries, or its suppliers increases between the time of this agreement and the time the guests travel to the agreed destination, Grand Reserve Travel reserves the right to unilaterally increase the total price of the travel package proportionately in order to reflect such tax increase, and therefore guests will wholly assume the cost of such an increase, if applicable. In the event a refund is provided, currency conversion costs and expenses associated with exchange rate fluctuations will be subtracted from such refund.
3.2 Passports and Visas for Greece and other EU countries: U.S. and Canadian citizens may enter Greece for up to 90 days for tourist or business purposes without a visa. The passport should be valid for at least three months beyond the period of stay. Non-US or Canadian citizens should contact Grand Reserve Travel or the appropriate Greek consulate for information on necessary documents required. The above information on entry and exit requirements (for Greece) has been confirmed with the local authorities. However, these requirements are subject to change at any time. It is the traveler’s responsibility to check with the equivalent embassy and its consulates for up-to-date information.
3.3 Hotel and Villa Accommodations Bed Arrangements: Double or Queen bedded rooms are provided in most situations. Hotel and Villa accommodations for Grand Reserve Travel Customized Trips will vary subject to availability.
3.4 Active Tour Elements: Grand Reserve Travel Tour Packages include some active elements and most tours include considerable walking, sometimes on uneven terrain. Many sites have limited access and involve stairs and inclines. Any direct or indirect damage caused by alcohol consumption should be fully paid directly.
During local or national holidays abroad, certain facilities such as museums, sightseeing tours and shopping may be limited. Grand Reserve Travel is not responsible if your trip falls within the holiday periods that sightseeing is limited.
Please be advised that foreign air conditioning systems in public places, hotel and motor coaches are different than USA standards.
On land, tips are not included in any of the tour packages and are left at the discretion of each participant.
3.5 Travelers Needing Special Assistance: We regret that we cannot provide individual assistance to guests for walking, dining or personal needs. Persons needing such assistance must be accompanied by an able companion.
B. TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Customized Trip Deposit and Full Payment Policy
The following applies for all Grand Reserve Travel Customized Trips.
1.1 Customized Trip Payment Schedule:
A 1250 Euro deposit per person is required at the time of booking, all of which counts towards the cost of your trip or multi day activity including hotel or villa arrangements. A non-refundable service fee of 195 Euros per person or for trips more than 10 overnights a 245 Euro per person service fee, with the exception of travelers under the age of 2 years old, is required at the time of booking. This service fee is in addition to the price of the Customized Trip and is not credited towards the cost of the trip. Final payment is due 45 days prior to departure. If your reservation is made within 45 days of departure, the entire cost of the trip must be paid at the time of confirmation. Failure to provide full payment according to above outlined schedules will result in cancellation of your Grand Reserve Travel Customized Trip, and no refund of payments made to date will be provided by Grand Reserve Travel.
1.2 Customized Trip Cancellation/Refund Policy: Cancellations result in costly charges from tour, travel and hotel providers, including fees and penalties associated with the cancellation of confirmed tickets and hotel rooms. Therefore, the following cancellation fees apply:
- 45 days or more before departure will be subject to a 1250 Euro per person cancellation fee.
- 44-30 days before departure will be subject to a cancellation fee equal to the greater of 1250 Euro per person or 50% of the Customized Trip price.
- 29-0 days before departure will be subject to a cancellation fee equal to 100% of the Customized Trip price.
- The service fee is non-refundable.
Grand Reserve Travel reserves the right to cancel a confirmed booking and refund only the appropriate portion of the deposit if full payment is not provided in accordance with our deposit and full payment policy.
2. Supplemental Information:
2.1 Cancellation Insurance: It is the traveler’s responsibility to protect his or her purchases. Travel Insurance is strongly recommended and in particular cancel for any reason insurance. Grand Reserve Travel may provide information on optional trip cancellation insurance, please contact Grand reserve Travel for information on cancellation insurance.
2.2 Limits on Grand Reserve Travel Responsibility: Grand Reserve Travel and/or its subsidiaries and agents (“Santorini Wine Tour”) act only as an agent and tour operator for the hotels, villas, restaurants, airlines, bus companies, ship lines, owners or contractors providing accommodations, transportation providers, or other activity and service providers (“suppliers”). By acceptance of any Grand Reserve Travel membership, receipts, or tickets, the Grand Reserve Travel client agrees that Grand Reserve Travel assumes no liability for any loss, injury or damage to a person or property, or otherwise any connection with any accommodations, transportation, or other service, resulting directly or indirectly from any acts of co-travelers, suppliers, nature, or dangers, delays, cancellations, and incidents related to the sea or weather conditions, health related problems before, after, or during the tour, fire, breakdown in machinery or equipment, acts of government or other authorities, de jure or de facto, wars, whether declared or not, hostilities, civil disturbances, terrorist attacks, strikes, riots, thefts, pilferage, epidemics, quarantines, medical or custom regulations, defaults, delays or cancellations or changes in itinerary or schedules, or from any causes beyond the control of Grand Reserve Travel or for loss or damage resulting from insufficient, or improperly issued passports, visas or other documents, and that Grand Reserve Travel assumes no liability sustained or incurred by a Grand Reserve Travel client as a result of any foreign causes and is not liable for defaults or breach of contract of those persons, suppliers, or companies not directly under the control of Grand Reserve Travel. Grand Reserve Travel shall not be responsible for suppliers’ failure to comply with any laws such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), or any intentional or negligent actions or omissions on the part of such suppliers. Grand Reserve Travel reserves the right to substitute hotels or villas with best available alternatives and make any changes in the itinerary where deemed necessary or caused by airline or ferry schedules, or other reasons. Land transportation is provided in accordance with the itinerary by private bus, minibus, or licensed cars, depending on the itinerary and the size of the group. By embarking on his/her travel, the traveler voluntarily assumes all risks involved in such travel, whether expected or unexpected.
Grand Reserve Travel is not responsible for typographical or printing errors in the brochure.